Our aluminum backer plates are recommended if you are going to use a downrigger or have thin walls on your boat. The added support from a backer plate is recommended for our 6", 12", 18", and 24" mounting tracks. Our longer tracks do not require a backer plate because they spread the strength out over the length of the track.
If you wish to use a backer plate with a piece of mounting track 36 inches or longer, we recommend that you use a 3 inch plate.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. How many backer plates/what size do I need?
A. If you are installing a 6", 12", 18", 24" or 36" track, you need to order just one backing plate in the corresponding size. If you are installing anything over 36" and wish to use a backing plate as well, you must order the 3" backing plate - (Part: #3-BP). The other size backing plates will not line up properly with the mounting holes on your tracks.
- MT-6 uses one six inch backer plate (Part: #6-BP)
- MT-12 uses one twelve inch backer plate (Part: #12-BP)
- MT-18 uses one eighteen inch backer plate (Part: #18-BP)
- MT-24 uses one twenty four inch backer plate (Part: #24-BP)
- MT-36 uses one thirty six inch backer plate (Part: #36-BP) or Five of our three inch backer plates (Part: #3-BP) (recommended)
- MT-48 uses five three inch backer plates (Part: #3-BP)
- MT-60 uses seven three inch backer plates (Part: #3-BP)
- MT-72 uses eight three inch backer plates (Part: #3-BP)
- Proudly made in the USA!
- Made out of high quality, durable aluminum