Part # DRES-400
Down Rigger Elite Series - 400' of cable
Aluminum 3 swivel base with 12 positions positive lock- optional deck mount bases available.
- All aluminum Frame components.
- Dual 360-degree rotational rod holders with 5 positions up and down.
- Lift & lock solid aluminum 3 boom with optional lengths available.
- Dual roller pulley assembly on the boom.
- All aluminum reel spool with 400 of 316 stainless-steel cable.
- Liquid smooth drag system with aluminum tension knob and retainer clip on the drive shaft to ensure drag system components remain intact.
- Lighted LCD display screen with large characters for easy viewing. Electronic counter system for superior accuracy.
- Soft stop included in the electronic auto stop up and down feature.
- Exact depth control using the lighted military grade 16 character keypad.
- Customer programmable jig function.
- Depth memory feature.
- Tested with: 12# weight retrieved 265 Feet per minute, 14# weight retrieved 240 Feet per minute, 20# weight retrieved 200 Feet per minute
- Comes with one of our DRC-1 / Traxstech Electric Down-rigger Cover
Q. What size fuse does the Traxstech Down-rigger use?
A. It is a 30 Amp fuse. Maxi fuse holders and Maxi fuses are recommended for the in-line fuse used on the positive (white) wire lead. A 30 AMP circuit breaker could also be used in place of the inline fuse if you have a good place with easy access to mount it to.
Q. How should I wire my Traxstech Down-rigger? Should I run lines for each rigger separately with inline fuses near battery then circuit breakers near the riggers itself?
A. Each rigger should have its own wiring with inline fuses. It is not required to have both fuses and a circuit breaker.
Q. I have 2 Traxstech Down-rigger can I run one set of wires for both riggers?
A. No, Do not run multiple riggers from the same set of wires. Each down-rigger should have it's own set of wires.
Q. What gauge wire should I use to install my Traxstech Down-rigger?
A. 10/2 wiring is needed if the leads are 15 feet or less in length for a single down-rigger.
If you are wiring for multiple riggers going to an actual fuse/circuit panel, then we recommend 4 or 6 gauge wire as the main feed to the panel in the back of the boat. Then use 10 gauge wire from the panel to each rigger.
Q. What brand of plug do you recommend for the Traxstech Down-rigger?
A. We recommend using Marineco (70 AMP) 3 wire charging/trolling system plug. They are sold on Amazon.
- 70A continuous rating
- Universal design for 2 or 3-wire configuration 12V, 24V, 12/24V, 24/36V, 36V or 48V systems
- Corrosion resistant plated brass electrical components
- Receptacle contains a watertight sealing cap
- Plug contains Integrated strain relief and keyed design with thumbprint locator
Q. How much line comes on my Traxstech Down-rigger?
A. We include 400 feet of line on each of our Traxstech Downriggers.
Q. What pound test is the line on my Traxstech Down-rigger?
A. It is 150# test line installed on our Traxstech Downriggers.
Q. I lost the cover for my Traxstech Down-rigger, do you sell replacements?
A. Yes, we do. Look up part #DRC-1 to buy a new Traxstech Electric Down-rigger Cover.
Comes with 400' of 150# test line on our DRES-400
Proudly made in the USA!
All of our Traxstech products are made in the shop in Chesaning, Michigan USA!
Has our signature textured finish:
- Adds durability to the aluminum components, hardens your wear surface, no bright reflection, easy to clean.
- Every aluminum part is anodized after our texturing process to provide the highest quality available.
- Salt spray tested and proven.
Traxstech offers a limited- lifetime warranty on all products manufactured to be free of defects in workmanship and materials, when used under normal operating conditions and when applied in accordance with specifications. Traxstech will repair or replace at its option, any of its products which have been found to be defective, provided that the product is shipped freight prepaid to Traxstech. The liability under this warranty shall be solely limited to repair or replacement of the company’s product within the warranty period and shall not be liable, under any circumstances, for any consequential, incidental or indirect damages or expenses associated with the warranted product. Any product of Traxstech, which is damaged due to misuse, abuse and /or negligence or has been modified or dismantled, will not be covered by this warranty. When returning an item, you must enclose repair paperwork with contact information and what is wrong with the product, please be detailed. Failure to include this paperwork may delay or void your repair options. You can download the required form needed for warranty work by clicking on the warranty page on this website.